Lawyer / Managing Partner
Sophia Grigoriadou is a multidisciplinary senior lawyer, who has practiced all aspects of Greek business law, including Corporate, Commercial, Contracts, Tax, Labor, Privatizations, Public Contracts, Banking & Finance and Dispute Resolution with long experience in negotiations and in the handling of complex investment projects, M&As, as well as investments in real estate. She has been a Member of the Athens Bar since 1997 and is a qualified Supreme Court lawyer.
She joined CPA Law in 2019 after twenty two years of experience as a partner in a well-known Greek business law firm, where she was the Head of the Tax Team between 2014 and 2018, while she continued to handle public contracts, especially in the defense sector, and dispute resolution cases.
Sophia’s extensive experience and global business fluency stems from working with international companies and dealings with the Greek State and Greek and international bodies and institutions, as well as from her long practice of being in charge of multi member legal teams handling cases for both the public and private sector.
She has been appointed as a Director and Secretary for the Board of Directors of many companies. She has also been a member of the Board of the Greek Branch of the International Fiscal Association (IFA), the Tax Advisory Committee of the American – Hellenic Chamber of Commerce, the Tax Advisory Committee of the French - Hellenic Chamber of Commerce and a member of the ICC Greece World Business Women Initiative.
Sophia is ranked as a Top Tier lawyer by clients and peers for more than 10 years for commercial law, tax and labor law, real estate, M&As, banking and finance according to the CHAMBERS Europe and CHAMBERS Global, the LEGAL 500: The Clients’ Guide to the Best Law Firms, the International Finance Law Firms Review (IFLR) and the World Tax and World Transfer Pricing: The Guide to the world’s leading tax firms.
Sophia contributed to a number of legal editions, including:
- “The Mergers & Acquisitions Review”, Law Business Research.
- “Getting the deal through - Tax Controversy”, Law Business Research.
- “Greek Law Digest - Invest in Greece, Chapter of Societe Anonyme: Tax issues”, Nomiki Vivliothiki, under the auspices of Hellenic Republic and Invest in Greece Agency.
- International Private Law, Université de Miséricorde, Fribourg, Switzerland, Faculté de Droit
- Introduction to English Law, London Metropolitan University School of Law, London
- Degree in Law (LL.B), Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Law School
- Greek (native)
- English (fluent)
- French (professional working proficiency)