Lawyer / Senior Manager
Spyros joined KPMG in 2015 and he currently serves as a Senior Manager. He is a member of Athens Bar Association and he has extensive experience in providing legal advice in complex cases with regards tax and administrative domestic and EU law.
Prior to his service in KPMG, he served as a legal advisor in the Ministry of Finance, in the Deputy Minister’s and Minister’s office, competent for tax law, tax policy and tax administration. During his term of office in the Ministry of Finance he actively participated in negotiations with officials of EU and International Institutional Entities and managed several high level projects.
- Public & EU Law
- Tax Law
- Administrative Law
- Tax Controversy
- Tax litigation
- International Taxation
- Public Policy
- Tax Policy
- Master’s degree, in “Public Law and Public Policy”, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Department of Political Science and Public Administration
- Master of Laws (LL.M), in “Law & European Integration” (option: Public Law), Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences, General Department of Law, Athens
- Degree in Law (LL.B), National & Kapodistrian University of Athens, Law School
- Greek (native)
- “Contribution in the interpretation of article 9 of Tax Procedure Code”, The Constitution, 3/2018, pp.773-812.
- “«Tax rulings»: views in the practice of the Greek tax administration”, Theory & Practice of Administrative Law, 8-9/2018, pp.702-707.
- "Considerations for the interpretation of tax provisions in light of Decision 1215/2017 of the Supreme Administrative Court, resolving a procedural issue related to tax residency", The Constitution, 2/2017, pp.533-555.
- “Seeking a pattern of administrative reform and its limits: The example of the Independent Agency of Public Revenue”, Τhe Constitution, 4/2016, pp.905-951
- "Taxation of Shipping in Greece in the light of EU Law and in view of the provisions of the Third Memorandum of Understanding", Τhe Constitution, 2/2016, pp.491-527
- “The Tax Policy Unit of the Ministry of Finance: Is it a real reform in the Public Administration or just another sample of Voulishiarcy?”, Public Law Journal, 2/2016, pp.194-212
- “Building Sovereignty in a Liberal Republic, the exercise of Power by the State and the decomposition activity of the Economic Crisis”, Τhe Constitution, 3/2015, pp.483-530
Vision, Change, Value
- +30 210 6062 100